The funeral industry is changing, and John Edwards Funeral Directors have anticipated this shift. With our forward thinking approach, we are able to provide quality services which are focused on preserving the memory and life of your departed, whether you want an elegant ceremony or something more traditional at an affordable price.
What is Direct Cremation?
A direct cremation is where the cremation itself takes place completely separately from the personal farewell or service.
It is a modern alternative to a traditional funeral that gives you the freedom to hold a more personal farewell how and when you choose. Some of our families use the ashes urn as their focal point for remembrance, whilst others use a favourite photograph or visit a special location.
One simple price £1,247**
It couldn’t be easier to arrange a direct cremation funeral with us! Our standard service has everything you need for a simple cremation.
** There is an admin fee of £249 to set up a pre-paid funeral plan.**
Our Direct Cremation includes:
• A scheduled transfer from hospital or Coroner’s mortuary.
• Simple care at our Chapel of Rest
• Doctors’ fees for cremation certificates (if applicable)
• Cremation fees for a simple unattended committal at our specified Crematorium
• A solid pine eco-coffin
• A biodegradable ashes container with identity disc
• Hand-delivery of the ashes to any mainland address in England and Wales (if
desired) within 21 days of the cremation, or scattering the ashes in the Crematorium Garden of Remembrance